See the E384 in Action
Learn how others are using their E384
Using an NGB Converted Camera and the Drone Data Management System™ to document, inspect and manage broad acre crop growth.
Quarry, Mining & Aggregates
An analysis of the accuracy and operating cost of using the E384 to measure aggregate stockpile volumes.
The E384 is constructed from high performance expanded poly-olefin foam (EPO, not styrofoam) in a process similar to injection molding plastics. The EPO foam structure combined with reinforcing carbon rods allows the E384 to maintain its light weight, leaving more room for battery and sensor payload and still launching without the need for additional launch assistance equipment..
- EPO foam can flex/bend without breaking. EPO foam technology allows structural flexibility to dissipate energy in tight turns and hard landings. Closed cell foam absorbs damage from obstacles rather than cracking or breaking on impact.
- Dents and dings can be repaired by dipping the affected area in boiling water, forcing the beads to expand back to their original shape
- EPO Foam is superior to fiberglass or carbon fiber construction because it is easily repaired with readily available tools like glue and tape
- If a really hard crash were ever to happen, we can remove all the expensive electronics, sell you a new inexpensivereplacement E384 airframe, and you essentially have a brand new drone.
Extra Flight Batteries
Post Processing Software Packages
- Complete, Flight Tested Airframe
- 3D Robotics Pixhawk Flight Controller
- Flight Planning and Control Software for Autonomous Flight (Includes GPS and Flight Data Log)
- Professional Handheld Remote Controller
- 1km Ground Station Monitoring and Command Radio (Upgrade to 10km Available)
- 1 Flight Battery and Rapid Charger – 4 Cell, 8.0 Ah LiPo
- Online Operations Manual
- Tutorial Videos
- Printable Offline Operations Manual
- Pre-Field / Pre-Flight Checklists
There are two standard RGB camera options for the E384: The the Sony WX500, and the Sony QX1. All cameras include an automatic hatch mount and utilize Intellishoot, which automatically takes pictures at optimal overlap to maintain consistency and eliminate redundant data collection. The major differences in these cameras are as follows.
- Sony WX500 – 18MP Resolution
- Sony QX1 – 20.1MP Resolution, Includes 16 mm pancake lens, external power supply, and landscape shooting for increased efficiency.
- Customized Canon Powershot S110 with infrared filters specifically designed to measure NDVI. Using ratios of visible light to infrared light, we can calculate NDVI, which allows for the detection of crop health.
Other camera options are available for specialty applications, please contact us for more information.
- MicaSense RedEdge
- FLIR Vue Pro
Warranty and Returns
A Limited Factory Warranty is included in your purchase price. Click here for complete warranty and returns information.
An Extended Warranty that protects your E384 for one year is available for purchase. Click here for complete information. Highlights include:
- For a period of one year, we warrant that products and accessories provided by Event 38 are free from defects in material and workmanship when used normally and in accordance with operating instructions.
- Plan covers physical damage, including impact damage from accidental crashes, but does not cover lost or stolen items or a few other items.
- Plan covers full parts and labor and shipping costs on all hardware failures.