Our Market Focus
We build drones, optical sensors and drone data analysis software (Drone Data Management System™) for individuals, businesses and researchers.
- Tracking every plant in a farmer’s field (Corn and Soybeans)
- Measuring crop height throughout the season
- Quantifying chlorophyll activity to spot water and nutrient issues early
- Mapping the spread and density of weeds
- Identifying large scale trends
- Mapping potential dam locations
- Measuring quarry pile volumes
- Measuring compaction in a landfill
- Creating municipal planning maps
- Mapping site clearance requirements and establishing baseline terrain for excavation
- Tracking progress
- Protecting sensitive fisheries by monitoring from above
- Monitoring global warming in Alaskan glaciers
- Measure pile and fill volumes
- Track cut progress
- Verify safety requirements (e.g. access road width)
- Integrate imagery into current GIS workflow
- Searching for and then documenting archaeological sites
- Pool installations
- Documenting tornado damage
Our drones offer longer flight times, larger payloads, and higher resolution sensors, at half the cost of our competition. We fly completely autonomously from takeoff to landing with our “Easy Button” mission control software. The primary value to our customers is the data that is collected. Our data analysis software, currently in private beta, gives our users an easy way to store, process, and analyze the huge amounts of data captured in each flight. We are collaborating with leading universities, industry experts, and third party developers to create actionable information and deliver it in a timely, accurate, and meaningful way.
A Message From Our Founder
In 2011, I founded Event 38 from a small back room. I believed that individuals and businesses would be able to extract great value from aerial data collection and the new drone (UAS) technology allowed me to do it for a fraction of what it would cost from manned aircraft. I tested my early prototypes for six months and then launched a website. Within a week I had my first sale.
From there, we started to grow incredibly fast. We developed both multi-rotor and fixed-wing drones, multiple camera options, and made significant hardware and software improvements over time. We had two initial goals:
1) offer cost effective, multipurpose, reliable, and durable drones and
2) make our drones easy to use by providing easy-to-use technology and providing the highest quality customer service.
Today our most popular fixed-wing drone, the E384 fixed wing UAS, costs 5-20 times less than our competitors, has an industry leading flight time of two hours, and can carry a 1 kilogram payload. The E384 can fly a 1,000 acre farm in a single flight and capture data at the 2 centimeter level. Customers have flown our UAS’s for thousands of hours all over the world.
Our incredibly talented engineering team has made many improvements to Mission Planner, our open source drone flight control system, to significantly shorten the time needed to get launched and fly a safe and successful flight.
Understanding the value of drones is in the data that’s collected, we recently launched our drone data analysis software (Drone Data Management System™), which is giving our customers a quick and easy way to securely store, process, and analyze huge amounts of data captured in each flight. Our sole focus in offering and constantly improving the Drone Data Management System™ is on providing robust information leading to increased ROI for our customers.
Providing the best customer service is incredibly important to us. Recent customer satisfaction surveys gave us a 4+ out of 5 rating. So we believe we are on the right track but understand there is always more we can do to improve.
-Jeff Taylor, Event 38 Founder
If you ever have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us anytime. We’re always happy to answer any questions and really enjoy hearing from our customers!