The RFD900 is a long range data telemetry modem operating in the 902-928MHz ISM band. Operating at 1W transmission power, it is capable of holding a data link at over 40km. Compatible with APM 2.x and Pixhawk.
More details available at the manufacturer’s site, rfdesign.com.au.
Included in Package:
- 2x RFD900+ Modems
- 2x Monopole 2dBi Antennae
- 2x Dipole 3dBi Antennae
- 1x FTDI Cable
- 1x Pixhawk to RFD900+ Telemetry Cable
- Utilizes the powerful and open source telemetry protocol SiK
- Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
- 1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.
- Transmit low pass filter.
- > 20dB Low noise amplifier.
- RX SAW filter.
- Passive front end band pass filter.
- Open source firmware / tools, field upgradeable, easy to configure.
- Small, light weight.
- License free use in Australia, Canada, USA, NZ.
- Frequency Range: 902 – 928 MHz (USA) / 915 – 928 MHz (Australia)
- Output Power: 1W (+30dBm), controllable in 1dB steps ( +/- 1dB @ <20dBm, +/- 0.5dB >=20dBm typical )
- Air Data transfer rates: 4, 8, 16, 19, 24, 32, 48, 64, 96, 128, 192 and 250 kbit/sec ( User selectable, 64k default )
- UART data transfer rates: 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200 baud ( User selectable, 57600 default )
- Receive Sensitivity: >121 dBm at low data rates, high data rates (TBA)
- Size: 30 mm (wide) x 57 mm (long) x 12.8 mm (thick) – Including RF Shield, Heatsink and connector extremeties
- Weight: 14.5g
- Mounting: 3 x M2.5 screws, 3 x header pin solder points
- Power Supply: +5 V nominal, (+3.5 V min, +5.5 V max), ~800 mA peak at maximum power
- Temp. Range: -40 to +85 deg C