Contact Us for Pricing
A Proven LiDAR Powerhouse
The M8 is the first cost-effective long range LiDAR sensor enabling ubiquitous use of smart sensing in dynamic situations— made and tested for 3D mapping, security, harsh industrial environments and the most demanding applications. The M8 sensor’s small design sees by day or night, with no IR signature needed, and works in any weather. Multiple laser beams and Time-of-Flight (TOF) depth perception result in 3D point clouds for spatial sensing. With a 360° field of view, 420,000 points per second, long measurement range, high accuracy, and fine resolution.
The M8 features Multi-LiDAR Fusion™, Quanergy’s proprietary smart technology that combines multiple LiDARs into a single unified point cloud, for tracking unique objects in complex environments.
Quanergy’s 3D-sensing M8 LiDAR sensor enables new applications in the security, industrial automation, transportation and mapping markets that have not been commercially feasible due to the high cost of existing LiDAR sensors. Quanergy’s smart sensing solutions can be applied to a variety of platforms (e.g., vehicles, robots, production tools, monitoring stations) to enable rapid 3D detection, measurement, tracking, identification and classification of items, as well as triggering actions based on real-time scenario analysis powered by QORTEXTM, Quanergy’s advanced perception software.
• Transportation: Vehicle accidents due to blind spots, poor visibility, changes in traffic flow, and distraction can be virtually eliminated through the use of LiDAR
in Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) and autonomous vehicles (AVs).
• Security: Homes, buildings and land can be made more secure and managed intelligently through LiDAR-based surveillance and smart detection.
• Industrial Automation: Factories, warehouses and distribution centers can be run more efficiently and safely.
• Mapping: Highly detailed and accurate 3D maps can be created to improve navigation and survey land via terrestrial and aerial mapping.
• Low cost
• High performance
– Long measurement range
– Fine horizontal resolution
– Pinpoint accuracy
• Uncompromised reliability and dependability
• Highest quality
• Low power consumption
disruptive design product features
• 8 detection layers
• Wide Field of View (FOV)
• Day and night vision; no IR heat-signature needed
• Resistance to false returns caused by aerosols (dust, mist, rain, snow)
• PPS input signal to timestamp data and for synchronizing multiple sensors
• Designed to eliminate cross talk from multiple sensors
• Q-ViewTM Sensor Management and Visualization software support on Linux® and
Windows® for easy evaluation
• ROS drivers
• Interoperability with QORTEX perception software
• SKU option for IEEE 802.3at PoE+ support
M8 SENSOR specifications
Parameter: M8-Core, M8-Plus, M8-Ultra, M8-PoE+
Laser Class: Class I (Eye Safe, IEC 60825-1)
Wavelength: 905 nm
Measurement Technique: Time of Flight (TOF)
Minimum Range: 0.5 m (80% reflectivity)
Maximum Range: >100 m (80% reflectivity), >150 m (80% reflectivity), >200 m (80% reflectivity), >150 m (80% reflectivity)
Range Accuracy: (1σ at 50 m) <3 cm
Frame Rate (Update Frequency): 5-20 Hz
Angular Resolution: 0.03–0.13° dependent on frame rate
Detection Layers: 8
Field of View (FOV): Horizontal: 360°, Vertical: 20° (+3°/–17°)
Output Connection: M19 Connector — 100/1000 Mbps Ethernet RJ45 802.3at (PoE+)
Data Outputs: Angle, Distance, Intensity, Synchronized Time Stamps
Output Rate: 420,000 points per second (1 return) 1.26M points per second (3 returns)
Nominal Power: 16 W 19 W
Operating Voltage: 24 VDC +/— 1.2 V 37-57 VDC
Operating Temperature: – 20°C to +60°C (–4°F to +140°F)
Storage Temperature: – 40°C to +105°C (–40°F to +220°F)
Nominal Weight: 900 g 1360 g
Dimensions: 103 mm diameter x 87 mm height 115 mm diameter x
133 mm height
Shock & Vibration: ETSI EN 300 019-2-5, IEC Class 5M3
Environmental Protection: IP69K IP67
Certifications and Compliance: FDA, FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE, IEC-60079-15, ASTM G154
Warranty: 2 Years